Where do we deliver to?
- CO4, CO6, CO7 (Dedham area only), CO3 postcodes.
- Do we accept the garden gift vouchers?
No we're afraid we can not at this time accept payment via any vouchers. It simply isn't possible at the moment but once the shop re-opens of course you will be able to spend them.
Can we pick up our order?
- No you can't pick up your order, we appreciate especially for locals how frustrating this is but it is so important that people remain in their homes, we do not want to encourage any unnecessary trips out. (even though we may all think that our gardens are a necessity!) We are maintaining this rule until the government allows us to offer alternative options, but right now we are following all government guidelines.
Is there a minimum order?
- Yes we have a minimum order of £30.00
Why is the website not offering me a delivery option at the checkout?
- If you find that there is no delivery option at the checkout it will be because you haven't met the minimum order amount of £30.
What are the delivery costs?
- Standard local delivery charge is £4.50 on our min order of £30 over £65 is FREE DELIEVRY
We are only local - just down the road why is there a delivery charge?
- There is a delivery charge to cover time, and resources that are involved with your order, as well as fuel and running costs. We are effectively having to trade as an on-line business during this time which means having to implement charges accordingly. It's hard for all of us, we understand that it is frustrating but for the time being until this situation is passed this is how we have to operate in order to keep things moving for the business. It takes much linger than you think for each order to be picked and packed.
Will you be adding to your on-line shop?
- Yes we will be, we will be adding new lines as and when we get time to upload more products. Our aim is to keep bringing you seasonal plants and products to keep you going in your garden through out the corona lock down. However we will NOT be putting the whole shop online, this is because it takes us so long to pick and pack and we would not be able to provide any kind of service if we did this, once again this is because we are working with a much reduced work force.
Why can we not get through on the shop phone?
- We are not currently able to answer the shop phone, we do not have time to answer the phone which is why we ask people to look at the website and or email us if you have a query that can not be answered by reading the website. Email address email@example.com
We are local and only want a small item, can we pick it up and not pay for delivery?
- No, we are unable to process any orders that are under £30 and we can not have people picking up orders from the nursery at this time, we do appreciate that this is frustrating but please understand that this is how we have to operate during this time of uncertainty. And please remember that we are in lock down which means people are to remain in their homes.
When will it be delivered?
- We aim to get you order to you with in 3-5 days but please be aware we do not deliver on Sundays or Mondays. ( we need time to re stock the website and have a small break:) )
Can I add to my order?
- Sorry but at this time we can not add anything onto your order once it has been made. This is because we are working with a very limited amount of people and we have to prioritise picking, packing, loading the van and delivering our orders so you get your order promptly.
The website says it's closed sometimes, why is this?
- Sometimes we will close the webshop for a few days, this is to allow us to refresh our stock on the site, we don't have time to be constantly updating the site so this allows us to have a refresh!
Is says compost is sold out, will you be getting more in and can I 'put some by' for when it is back in stock?
- Like most businesses our compost suppliers are working with a greatly reduced work force, this means they can only make smaller quantities of their products, and distribute them less frequently. The suppliers are also giving priority of their deliveries to larger businesses such as B&Q over smaller independent businesses such as ourselves. (Highly unfair and makes it even harder for small businesses.) If compost is out of stock it will be due in, but we won't know when that will be, we also don't know what our delivery will be until we get it! So please be patient and when it's back in stock the website will be immediately updated.
- Sadly we can not take any requests for compost to be "put by" for when it comes back in stock.
- We also do not have the workforce to man emails everyday so we can not email you when it is back in stock. We're sorry about this but please work with us and understand the situation.
- We regret we can not respond to any emailed order, we have to be very strict with this. The way we are operating is via the website ONLY. This is so everyone gets the chance to order essential goods and so we can provide a good timely service. We know that this is frustrating but please realise that we are working with a HUGELY reduced work force and there is a reasons for this! Lets not forget why businesses all over the world have had to change the way they operate. We have had to change so please change your way of thinking too.
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE SHOP
PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE US A LETTER
PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL US ANY ORDERS
PLEASE DO NOT USE COMMENTS ON FACEBOOK TO ASK QUESTIONS THAT CAN BE ANSWERED BY LOOKING AT THE SITE, This is simply because we do not have anyone able to man social media at this time so please respect this.
We know this may sound harsh but we do need people to take this seriously and understand why this service is streamlined. We either operate like this or not at all.
We do value each and everyone of you and by sticking to the webshop only rules we will be able to continue to provide a service for essential gardening supplies.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THIS IS ALL IN PLACE FOR A REASON, AND THEIR ARE LIMITED WORKERS RIGHT NOW WITH JUST 4 PEOPLE WORKING. THIS LIMITS US HUGELY BUT WE ARE DOING OUR PART TO HELP SAVES LIVES.